Back-end Developer Who Loves Python
Haarlem Senior 44k – 54k
We are looking for a back-end developer who loves python and gets excited about company data and building APIs.
Sounds interesting? It is! 🙂
We are a growing, profitable software company (founded in 2014) and believe that relevant data is crucial for growing any business. Our current software suite is loved by more than 2.000 companies in the Netherlands and allows them to discover, nurture and manage leads.
What team you will be on
This is a full-time, permanent position and you will join our core engineering team. This means you will be instrumental in building new solutions and APIs that will help our customers grow their business.
What product you will be supporting
You will be driving the technical evolution of our data platform.
Technical responsibilities and challenges for this role
- Enhance our platform’s data collection, processing and analysis engines
- Build new scalable APIs
- Integrate our platform with 3rd party solutions
- Expand our platform with new features and improving current functionalities
- Maintain, develop and update our backend and make clean, pretty and solid code
Knowledge and experience
The technology stack you will need to master includes (but is not limited to):
- Python: Expert
- MySQL: Expert
- Elastic search: Expert
- Nginx: Gevorderd
- Redis: Gevorderd
- PHP 7: Gevorderd
- Laravel-framework: Gevorderd
- Stripe of Chargebee: Gevorderd
- Docker: Gemiddeld
- GIT: Gemiddeld
- Jira: Gemiddeld
What impact will this job have on our company?
You play a vital role in the future success of our company. This is your chance to have an impact on the solution’s architecture, processes and software being created. Our 2020 goal is to have grown the adoption of our platform significantly and without you on our team we cannot achieve this.
How do we feel about this role and the future of our company?
For those joining us in our journey, we are honored and are really looking forward to grow together so we are able to realize our vision and meet our goals as a team.
What we like to see in you
- You’re smarter than us and can find a way to show it
- You’re proactive, self disciplined and get things done on time
- You’re awesome at Python
- You’re passionate about coding
- You’ve worked on challenges similar to this role for around 3 years
Extra Points for any of the following
- You speak / write Dutch
- You write software in your free time or contribute to open source projects
- You are a fan of Rick & Morty 🙂
Good salary, bonus, vacation and reimbursement of lunch + travel expenses. We also equip you with the best tools money can buy and reimburse your gym membership. Our core principles are based around ownership, freedom and autonomy which is also reflected in the environment you will be working in. Here you can:
- Work with the latest technologies
- Build something new and challenging
- Have control over product decisions
- End the workday at the same time every day
- Work from home / remote
- Get your lunch reimbursed
- Get your gym membership reimbursed
We value fun, personal growth and performance. Due to the nature of the work, we really like you to work in the office. However, we are flexible in terms of working from home / remote when this creates a win-win for everyone (e.g. avoiding traffic, focussed work, etc).
The Online Success office is located next to Haarlem CS train station (and ±20 minutes from Amsterdam). If you’re looking for a great place to work, this is where you want to be.
Our Recruitment Process
We aim to reply to your application within 7 business days after receiving it. Our interview process consists of several steps, each one allowing us get to know you better, professionally and technically. It is also an opportunity for you to gain a better understanding of our culture and the work we do here. The steps might include:
- CV and portfolio review
- Skype interview
- Face to face interview
- Whiteboard programming
- Code reviews
- MBTI, Strengthsfinder or other assessment
- Introduction to the team
- Checking references
- See your potential working space
How long will the process take?
Usually 2 to 3 weeks. Linda (our HR representative) is responsible for reviewing your application and will be your primary contact. The time it takes also depends on your availability and convenience.