Haarlem Medior 36k – 44k
Unfortunately, this job has been filled. We keep this page online for future growth of our team. Are you interested? Please leave your details via the orange button above, thanks!
We are looking for a Back-end Developer who loves PHP, Web Analytics and building scalable APIs.
Sounds interesting? It is 🙂
We are a growing, profitable software startup (founded in 2014) and recently got funded to take the next leap in our journey. Our software suite is currently loved by more than 1.350 companies in the Netherlands and allows them to discover, nurture and manage leads. Our mission is to empower B2B marketers worldwide to easily create business development engines that drive customer acquisition and measurable revenue impact.
In the first half of 2017 year we will transitioning from a ‘skeleton crew’ to a product team with 3 engineers, 1 UX professional, 1 product marketeer and 1 product owner. The company itself will grow from 9 to around 17 employees. We are really looking forward to this.
What team you will be on
This is a full-time, permanent position and you will join our core engineering team of three, a team that we are just starting to recruit. You will work directly with the founders who have build the current solution and who will transition to a product owner role.
What product you will be supporting
You will be driving the technical evolution of the back-end services of our flagship product currently called Online Success.
Technical responsibilities and challenges in this role
- Build a new tracking solution that allows for better scalability and website analytics.
- Build scalable APIs that allows data to easily flow in and out of our backend services.
- Code refactoring of current code base
Key technologies you will be working with
The technology stack you’ll be working with includes (but not limited to):
- PHP (7)
What impact will this job have on our company?
Your role is absolutely vital to the future success of our company. Our 2020 goal is to have grown the adoption of our platform significantly and without you on our team we cannot achieve this.
How do we feel about this role and the future of our company?
As founders of Online Success, we have put in everything to make it this far in our journey. The road has not been easy and challenging to say the least 😉 For those joining us in our journey, we are honored and are really looking forward to grow together so we are able to realize our vision and meet our goals as a team.
What we like to see in you
- You’re smarter than us and can find a way to show it
- You’re self disciplined and get things done (the right way)
- You’re awesome with PHP and a decent framework
- You’re proactive in your solutions and passionate about coding
- You’ve worked on technical challenges similar to this role for around 5 years
Extra Points for any of the following
- You write software in your free time or contribute to open source projects
- You speak / write Dutch and an additional language
Good salary, bonus, vacation, health insurance, retirement benefits and reimbursement of travel expenses. We also equip you with the best tools money can buy. Our core principles are based around ownership, freedom and autonomy which is also reflected in the environment you will be working in. Here you you can:
- Work with new technologies and raise your professional standards
- Build something new
- Have control over product decisions
- End the workday at the same time every day
- Work from home / remote
- Get your lunch reimbursed
- Get your gym membership reimbursed
- Get time to do side projects and continued learning
We value fun, personal growth and performance. Due to the nature of the (team)work, we really like you to work in the office. However, we are flexible in terms of working from home / remote when this creates a win-win for everyone (e.g. avoiding traffic, focussed work, etc).
The Online Success office is situated in ‘Zaamen’, a coworking space with an entrepreneurial, innovative atmosphere in the center of downtown Haarlem (±20 minutes from Amsterdam and 4 minutes walking distance from Haarlem CS train station). Zaamen has won the Best Coworking Center of NL award 3 times in a row so if you’re looking for a great place to work, this is where you want to be.